Our labor unions are not narrow, self-seeking groups. They have raised wages, shortened hours, and provided supplemental benefits. Through collective bargaining and grievance procedures, they have brought justice and democracy to the shop floor.
~John F. Kennedy
- I will not criticize any union colleague except to the individual directly.
- If any union colleague is being criticized in my presence, I will confront the criticism and ask that it stop.
- I will not negatively speculate about any union colleague.
- I will settle my differences with colleagues within my union.
- I will engage in debate, offer others every opportunity for debate and respect minority viewpoints, but I will observe and support the majority mandate of my union.